Choose Scecina, a great Catholic high school
The start of high school is only a few months away for current eighth-graders. Selecting a high school is an important decision. High school is a wonderful time for spiritual and moral growth, challenging academics, lasting friendships, and fun, character-building opportunities through athletics, arts, and club activities.
With Scecina’s Open House 2018 just a few weeks away on Thursday, October 11, I want to share some exciting and valuable truths about Scecina, and I hope you will share them with prospective students and families of all ages:
- Scecina has it all. Since 1953, we have been a community anchor and asset whose alumni have changed the world.
- Each student receives a school-owned computer to take home and use to learn every day.
- Scecina offers 11 Advanced Placement (AP) courses and 5 Dual Credit courses.
- Scecina is rated “A” by the Indiana Department of Education.
- The Indianapolis Urban League has awarded Scecina its Educational Excellence Award because of our commitment to personalized attention, student diversity, STEM courses, and college preparation.
- Students’ artistic talents can come to life in our theater program, which engages 25 percent of our talented students. NBC Studios honored the program last year with a $10,000 grant in a national competition.
- Students receive four years of Catholic theology with curriculum centered around the life of Christ, the Master Teacher.
- Scecina offers all 20 of the Indiana High School Athletic Association sports, including swimming and gymnastics.
I hope you see why Scecina is a great choice. We have so much to offer: a vibrant tradition in academics, athletics, and service, plus a faith-based community who will pray with you and for you along the way.
Prospective students can find out more at our Open House on Thursday, October 11 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. If you would like to visit with me in person or have any questions about Scecina, please contact me anytime at (317) 352-3280. Thank you very much, and I welcome every opportunity to speak with you!
Posted on Fri, September 28, 2018
by Beth Murphy