December 2014 Update
Establish Scecina as an innovative, mission-based academic leader.
- Earned the 2013 – 2014 State of Indiana “A” school rating for academic performance and growth measured by standardized test scores, college and career readiness, and graduation rate.
- Incorporated a Resource Period into every student’s daily schedule for academic study, meetings with counselors, and/or tutoring.
- Created a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Coordinator role, and hired an experienced teacher, Dr. Charles Sinclair, to serve in this role.
Develop counseling services, resources, and facilities to ensure all students’ success.
- Beginning with the Class of 2019, began implementation of a Student Success Plan program that engages students in academic, college, and career exploration and goal setting.
- Created a full-time Career Counselor role, and hired a licensed counselor, Mr. Jeremy Corn, to begin a Career Counseling program that will include partnerships with businesses and organizations.
Posted on Tue, December 9, 2014
by Rose Timpe filed under