Discover Opportunities at Scecina
Hi there! My name is Christina Schroedle and I want to share with you some of the opportunities available to all students at Scecina Memorial High School. There are so many great programs offered at Scecina, both inside and outside of the classroom. This includes Honors and AP courses, sports, clubs, arts, and other school-sponsored activities. There is something for each student to get involved in.
Some of the opportunities that I have taken advantage of as a freshman at Scecina are Key Club, volleyball, Student Council, Crusaders for Life (Right to Life), and theater. Because of Scecina's small size, there are many opportunities for leadership roles.
In the classroom I have had the opportunity to take honors classes, which will prepare me for AP (Advanced Placement) courses and going on to college. I will also be taking advantage of the many AP courses offered. I'm taking one now as a sophomore!
I feel like I have gained more confidence and experience through the coursework I have done and activities I have participated in. I believe that the opportunities for all students is what sets Scecina apart and helps its students grow, and go forth to transform the world inspired by the light of Christ.
- Average class size is 17 students
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) - Biomedical Science Program
- 21 Advanced Placement Courses offered
- 5 Dual Credit Courses offered
- Click here to see our full course catalogue
- All IHSAA sports offered
- Softball has won 3 state championships within the last 5 years
- Club Volleyball and Lacrosse are offered
- Summer camps are offered in a varity of sports. Click here to register.
- Variety of clubs for all students
- Check out a full listing of clubs here
- Spring Musical and Fall Play
- All students participate in 15 service hours
- Students participate in a walk-a-thon each year to help with tuition assistance
- Students teach at East Deanery Partner schools
Posted on Tue, August 23, 2016
by Beth Murphy filed under