Expanding access to technology for all Scecina students and teachers
Hello, Scecina family,
This is my final blog post about our School Improvement Plan (SIP). As I’ve told you, I, along with President Joe Therber, formed the SIP committee as part of our school accreditation process.
We have set goals in three areas for our Catholic high school: 1) Catholic Identity, 2) Academics, and 3) Institutional Advancement. We've already discussed Catholic Identity and Academics.
President Therber and I are heading up the Institutional Advancement sub-committee. Our main goal in Institutional Advancement is to expand access to technology for all students and teacher to improve student achievements. To do this, we plan the following interventions:
- Provide network architecture to support school-wide 1:1 computer program for the 2018-19 school year.
- Provide 1:1 school-owned computer to all students due to socio-economic and diverse school population beginning with the 2018-19 school year. Purchase and implement diagnostic software to conduct frequent testing of all student performance levels for opportunities for inclusion into student success plan beginning with the 2018-19 school year.
- Provide annual financial support through raising dollars and reallocation of resources in the operating budget to fund school-owned computers for all students.
- Provide teacher training on using technology in the classroom to enhance teaching and learning measured through regular classroom observations beginning in the 2019-20 school year.
- Increase all students’ digital literacy through the regular use of technology in the classroom beginning in the 2018-19 school year.
The plan will help our students to excel spiritually and intellectually. Should any student, parent, faculty, or community member want to make comments or suggestions to improve this plan, please do so as the committee will value them. I hope all of you are excited about this plan as is our committee.
Joseph Brettnacher, Ph.D.
Posted on Fri, January 11, 2019
by Beth Murphy filed under