December 2014 Update
Unite the Scecina staff, students, and Board in reflecting on and living the school mission, vision, and core values.
- Designed a visual tribute in the main school hall to celebrate Father Thomas Scecina’s inspiring life and death as our school namesake.
- Displayed the updated school mission statement, core values, and vision statement in all classrooms, offices, and co-curricular areas.
- Established that the four focal areas of a new Parent Ambassador Team (Parent Organization) will be: School-Parent Communication, Events and Activities, Staff Affirmation and Support, and Legislative Affairs.
- Completed the first phases of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis school accreditation renewal by completing student, staff, and parent satisfaction surveys; an analysis of student academic performance data; and starting an institutional assessment according to the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools (www.catholicschoolstandards.org).
Develop and utilize a mission-based, comprehensive profile, or vision, of the Graduate at Graduation.
- Developed the first draft of the profile to reflect the school mission statement and the attributes of Father Thomas Scecina.
Posted on Tue, December 9, 2014
by Rose Timpe filed under