Our March of Excellence
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you . . . plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).”
Greetings, Scecina Community!
I have great news! Scecina Memorial High School has received approval from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis to undertake the bold and exciting initiative of a forward-looking capital campaign.
This initiative will be the first of its kind in Scecina’s history. It will be a transformative step in our never-ending march of excellence—living the Gospel and attaining the best possible results in all that we do.
The campaign will seek gifts of prayer, service, and treasure for the following priorities that emerged from our Strategic Growth Plan, stakeholder discussion groups, and personal interviews:
- Constructing new exterior sports and activity fields
- Constructing a chapel inside the school building
- Modernizing and re-locating the weight room to the school building
- Renovating the main entrance on Nowland Avenue while making it handicap accessible and more visitor friendly
- Establishing an Academic Excellence Fund
- Expanding our Facilities Endowment Fund.
The organizational phase of the campaign is underway and will continue into 2018. Scecina alumni and friends locally and nationally will then receive more information and invitations to participate during the following 12 months.
Guiding the campaign will be an Executive Committee consisting of these alumni and friends:
- Mary A. (Robinson, 1961) and David S. Allen
- Dr. Sheila (McNelis, 1979) Gamache and Bob Bates
- Chris (1987) and Paje (Etling) Felts
- Lori (Watts, 1977) and Kevin Johnson (1977)
- Nancy (Wagner, 1985) and Kris Leming
- George Newhart (1960)
- Mike and Anne (Mullin) O’Connor
- Bob Golobish, Vice President of Advancement
- Jean (Kriech, 1985) Donlan, Campaign Coordinator
- Joe Therber, President
We are in the process of inviting and enlisting Honorary Chairs, National Advisors and additional campaign leaders. Scecina has retained the consulting services of the Institute for School and Parish Development (www.ispd.com) to help guide the campaign.
As a school community, we have made significant progress in every facet of Scecina. I am truly excited to see this campaign unfold and want to thank you in advance for your prayers, suggestions, and support.
Posted on Mon, November 6, 2017
by Beth Murphy filed under