Scecina welcomes new deacon
By Beth Murphy
Scecina's new deacon, Mike Braun (left), with Father Bob Gilday after school Mass during Holy Week 2015.
There’s been a new face recently at Scecina school Masses. Deacon Mike Braun is helping serve our Scecina community as Father Noah Casey recovers from his illness. Deacon Mike also is helping Scecina theology teacher Mrs. Margaret Zeh-Fulford coordinate the priest-chaplains for Scecina. He’ll be assisting the priest at the weekly school Mass and hopes to offer additional prayers and devotions as is possible.
“I’m glad to be here. I have a long connection with Scecina High School,” said Deacon Mike, who once was an assistant coach for the Crusader girls basketball team.
Here are five things to know about Deacon Mike:
1. He’s a graduate of Little Flower grade school.
2. He’s been married to his wife, Wendy, for 37 years.
3. He and Wendy have five children. All are graduates of Scecina Memorial: Cara '98, Justin '00, Betsy '02, Jenny '04, and Laura '06. And a grandson who is a future graduate, Caleb Baue in 2016!
4. He was ordained a permanent deacon by Bishop Christopher Coyne on June 23, 2012.
5. He is assigned to St. Simon the Apostle parish. For ministry of charity, he is assigned to Community Hospitals East and North and Holy Family Shelter.
We welcome Deacon Mike back to Scecina. You can contact him at email@example.com.
Posted on Wed, April 1, 2015
by Beth Murphy filed under