Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the Scecina Women’s Circle Wine and Cheese event at the Benton House on October 5. It was an unqualified success. 25 women, many SWC veterans and some newbies, gathered to socialize and support the Club 53 Wine Pull. For everyone who could not be with us – we missed you!
Nancy (Wagner) Leming '85 offered a brief recap of 2016-17 and unveiled some exciting plans for Year 2 of the Scecina Women’s Circle. Below are some highlights and pictures.
- Beth Murphy thanked us for supporting Club 53 with gifts of more than 30 wine bottles!
- Scecina Women’s Circle founding member Rachel Shaffer displayed her handmade Scecina quilt that will be available at the Club 53 auction.
- December 3, 2017, bus trip to Oldenburg, IN. We will attend 9:30 am Mass in the Sisters of St. Francis chapel then have lunch in town before returning to Indy. Space is limited, so please watch for more info.
- March 2018 Lunch with the President (Therber). Date to be announced.
- April 23, 2018, volunteer opportunity at the Scecina freshman retreat.
- May 23, 2018, presentation of the 2nd annual Scecina Women’s Circle scholarship to an outgoing senior.
- June 2018 year end event at Nancy's home. The IU ladies will be a hard act to follow, but we are planning a great evening with a special guest speaker.
Nancy also made two requests of the group last week. First, please consider renewing and possibly increasing your commitment to our students through the Scecina Women’s Circle for the 2017-18 school year. Second, please invite someone who shares your passion for Scecina to join. There is nothing more powerful than that personal invitation. Click here to make a gift.